Yeast flakes are an important supplement in the diet. They bring many positive health benefits and may be used practically anywhere!
It is a dry, inactive form of yeast in the form of tiny yellowish flakes. The inactive form of yeast means that the yeast cells are “killed” during the production process and are therefore inactive in the final product.
Yeast flakes do not contain GLUTEN and perfectly correspond to both LOW CARB/KETO and VEGAN diet:
- They are a great source of plant protein as they contain amino acids that are essential for your body.
- They contain essential trace elements: calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur and zinc.
- They help fight fatigue and boost the immune system.
- Due to their high fiber content, they improve and regulate digestion.
- They help relieve nausea.
- They promote weight loss.
- They are NATURALLY gluten free.
- They strengthen hair and nails.
- They are the most complete 100% natural source of B vitamins, which have a positive effect on our nervous system and blood cells, as well as the metabolism of proteins, fats and sugars.
How should I use them? What does nutritional yeast taste like?
Yeast flakes have a very pleasant and specific taste, which is somewhat nutty and reminiscent of cheese – especially parmesan. We could say that yeast flakes are a less caloric and more nutritious form of parmesan! : D
They can be used in the same way as grated cheese – after cooking, sprinkle the desired amount of yeast flakes on risotto, pasta, salad … And enjoy! They can be used to thicken soup or sauce – simply add 1 or 2 TBS of flakes and mix. due to the yeast flakes, the texture will be pleasantly creamy.
They are GLUTEN FREE, contain VERY FEW CARBS and will definitely impress VEGANS.